Thursday, January 31, 2008

Building #1 Floor Plan


This floor plan is for the more typical structures. More specifically, this floor plan is for the building closest to the street. I am sticking with an all glazed building, with limited hard perimeter wall. I originally had the stair and building mechanical spaces located in the center of the floor plan. I have since pulled those components outward and away from the center. The reason being is that when those components were in the middle, it disrupted the flow of traffic and even possibly those actual sales transactions.

I am thinking that the view completely through the space is important to maintain. I have taken the idea of connecting the structures together with something and developed it into a walkway connecting the three more rigid structures together with it. This will allow the user to travel between the structures on an easier level.

1 comment:

Chris Parker said...

It seems like you are talking it through in this blog. I wish you had a statement so I could engage this a little more. I understand that your concept is prerogative but what does that mean in context with these buildings and this site? It could be a very controlled path like you are getting to but why? For what purpose? I think once that is firmed up we can really engage the size of these structures and the goal of each one. Let me know if I'm way off in left field or on just a few thousand miles away.
Peace.