Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Site Section

I am thinking possibly long run stairs. Not scissor stairs. Any thoughts?

The pedestrian bridge that connects Building One to Building Three is becoming a dominant feature. I am thinking that the third floor of Building Three might have a portion of the stair coming out on to the pedestrian bridge. Unless the pedestrian bridge wants to remain a flat slab, which I also agree with too. I will have to see where that goes.

(*Building Numbering... Numbering moves from right to left (North to South). Building One is the building closest to the street.)

I will probably build a model tomorrow night to see how this comes together too.



4 comments:

Eric Randall said...

Chad I think you are suffering from "picture non-enlarging syndrome" as I can't click on your thumbnail. It's a little tough to decipher at this size, but I will say from the section you have something pretty interesting going on with the connections from each building to building.

It kind of looks like (maybe this isn't your intent) that you have created a bit of an internal maze via the section. Maybe I exit building one's ground floor to connect to building 2's second floor which I exit to connect to 3's ground floor which connects me to 4's third floor. That's kind of an interesting concept that plays on confounding Escher sketches you had posted on your studio wall.

Again, maybe not your intent, but that's how I'm reading it at tiny scale with my horrid eyesight.

MaloyMark said...

Chad,

Have you seen the odul (ar) House in Architect pp 62 - 65.

enno said...

Chad,

Nice start as far as I can see.
Next steps: include backgound buildings and make sections more "real" by adding thickness to lines showing solid, transparent and screened areas, fllors and walls. While I like the gestural nature of your drawing, you will have to be more precise about the stair geometries.

Also if you added the section through the site and building 2 you could relate the two to each other to explain the different experiences in the site.

I am looking forward to see the model,

Enno

Chris Parker said...

Chad,

I like the loose hand you have here and getting your ideas out quickly. I wish I could see the image enlarged to understand some of the questions you've posted.